I was very sad to learn late on Sunday night that President Hinckley passed away. I will miss him a lot and I will miss all of his amazing talks. I tried to find my "favorite" President Hinckley quote but then realized there are way too many. He helped me a lot over the years with all of his wise and loving advice and wisdom. I loved to hear his voice as he bore his testimony of the Gospel, it was always pure and simple.One particular talk that I remember really impacting me was his talk a few years ago about forgiveness. In that talk he talked about the woman that had been seriously hurt when some teenagers threw a frozen turkey through her windshield. During the trial, the woman went up to the teenager and gave him a hug and told him it would be okay and he cried in her arms. I remember President Hinckley getting emotional and telling everyone how important it is to forgive. The talk came at a perfect time in my life, when I was feeling a lot of betrayl and hurt, his talk helped me get over a lot of bitter feelings. I love his talks!!!
I also love how funny President Hinckley is! He has quite the sense of humor! I loved when he "knighted" President Eyring. He seemed to always tell a lot more jokes when he was talking to the youth or the young single adults and that always made me laugh and uplift me.
Over the past couple of weeks, I have been reading the book "Glimpses into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay Hinckley". It has been such an amazing inspiration to me as I read about the amazing life of Sister Hinckley as well as President Hinckley. If you haven't had the chance to read it, I would highly recommend it. One of my favorite parts was at the very end, it has a letter that President Hinckley wrote to Sister Hinckley. It is absolutely beautiful how he expresses his love and admiration for her. What an amazing couple to have as examples to all of us! It was such a blessing to read about President Hinckley from the perspective of Sister Hinckley and so many of those close to them. When I found out about President Hinckley's death, one of the first thoughts was how happy he must be to be back with his sweetheart. It is the same feeling I felt when my Grandma Peterson died because she had been away from Grandpa for so many years. What a blessing it is to know that families can be together forever!! I am so grateful for that knowledge and also for the example of President and Sister Hinckley.
I will miss President Hinckley but I am so grateful for his leadership and example!!!
3 comments:
President and Sister Hinckley were quite the couple. I honestly think about them when I am in a dating relationship. They are my standard for a great marriage.
Thanks for your post.
He is an amazing man. He will be missed. I appreciate your tribute.
I found your blog! I love the post of Pres. Hinckley and your honey moon looked like so much fun! That is so neat!
Post a Comment