Sailing
The first night we went on a sunset sail and it was really fun. I got my turn at the wheel and that boat really did turn on a dime!
We got to go snorkeling and diving for conch shells and starfish. It was very cool. Star fish feel a lot different than I expected and conch shells have a really stinky and weird looking creature inside it. All new things I learned!
Okay, this was by far the creepiest thing ever. I really don't like stingrays, they freak me out. We got off the boat into waist deep water and stood there as about 20 stingrays swam around us and through us...eek! I held onto Ryan the whole time I was in the water and I am not sure if my heart rate is back to normal quite yet... It was a pretty cool experience though, even though I choose to stay away from them :)
Hell
Yep, there really is a town called Hell in the Grand Caymans. It seriously felt 20 degrees hotter there too, it was kind of funny. Kylie and McKenlie kept getting mad at everyone for saying "Hell" even though we tried to explain that it was just the name of the place. We ended up just trying to not say it so we didn't get in trouble...
Yep, there really is a town called Hell in the Grand Caymans. It seriously felt 20 degrees hotter there too, it was kind of funny. Kylie and McKenlie kept getting mad at everyone for saying "Hell" even though we tried to explain that it was just the name of the place. We ended up just trying to not say it so we didn't get in trouble...
Rum Point
Rum Point is a fun part of the island with a fun beach. We just swam and saw some cool tropical fish and then went for a walk on the beach. I love how clear and warm the water is, you can see all sorts of things, good and bad, while you are in the water.
Rum Point is a fun part of the island with a fun beach. We just swam and saw some cool tropical fish and then went for a walk on the beach. I love how clear and warm the water is, you can see all sorts of things, good and bad, while you are in the water.
No, I did not steal a baby while down there, but if I did, it would be a cute one like Cami & Jesse's little boy Zach :). Don't worry, I gave him back after they finished snorkeling.
Turtle Farm
The Turtle Farm was very cool and my favorite part was that we got to hold the smaller turtles. They have them in these huge pools and you can go and catch them and hold them for a minute then put them back in. Some lady told us that if the turtle is a little crazy then you stroke their chin and neck and they calm down...just like a kitty. It worked and it cracked me up!
Facials
On Sunday night (Easter) all of the girls did facials. Cami brought the stuff for all of us and it was fun to relax after the day of church and the Turtle Farm. Kylie and McKenlie even put masks on, it was fun!
Helmet Diving
This was also a very fun part of the trip. You may be wondering what helmet diving is...I didn't know before this trip either. But, they put this space looking helmet on your shoulders that covers your whole head. It weighs 80 lbs and they attach a hose to the helmet that pumps oxygen into the helmet. Once you are under water, it only weighs 15 lbs and it acts like a cup turned upside down in water, it leaves air at the top. So you can stick your hands up into the helmet (which was good for me because my helmet kept fogging up so I had to wipe it every few minutes). You walk down a long ladder from the boat and you step onto the ocean floor about 25-30 feet below the surface. You get to walk around and the fish just swim around you. The guide that went down with us gave us fish food a few times while we were down there and the fish come and eat out of your hands. I liked the fish MUCH better than the stingrays :)
This is the capital of the Grand Caymans and it is the "shopping" part of the island. They have a bunch of the souvenir shops there and a lot of fun restaurants. We walked around on our last afternoon there after we went on the helmet dive. Ryan threw me in a fountain and then got Kylie and McKenlie too, it was fun to play in it. Right after we got out of the fountain it started pouring rain so we walked and played in the rain for awhile. It is nice to get stuck in a rainstorm when you are already in a swimming suit!

So that was our trip. It was really such a fun trip! Thank you so much Mom and Dad Bessey!
12 comments:
I continue to be jealous of your life. Looks like a lot of fun.
will you adopt me?
Um...yes. I love, love, love your pictures. It totally looks like paradise. And I'm jealous you held turtles and I love your swimsuit and stingrays are gross and the babies are all cute. And I'm glad you have awesome in-laws like I do so you can enjoy fun vacations. The end.
holy freaking cow. that was amazing! Love the pics! And we are super jealous!
It was so fun to be with you guys the girls keep saying how sad they are cause you guys and chel and mike are not around!!!Also tell Ryan he needs to send me a cd with all the pictures from the trip since he has them all!!!mis you guys already see you in a month!!
Oh wow that looks like so much fun. I want to get out of Utah and go somewhere warm!!!
WOW I didn't even know I wanted to go there. Great pictures. You two are cute couple.
That looks like so much fun. Seriously, I didn't know that the Grand Caymans were so awesome. Now I want to go!
It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I love the pictures, epecially the one with you on the back of the alligator (or crocodile?) Anyway, I don't hate you, life has just been crazy! ;)
Kaylin!
I found your blog through ali's! What are you up to? I couldn't read through the whole thing like I wanted (I'm, er, at work) but email me sometime and tell me what you are up to! It's good to see you again...in a kind of internet vicarious way.
Brooke
Hey Kaylyn,
I stumbled across your blog and I just wanted to say hi (hope you don't mind). I don't know if you remember me, Claudia Albornoz, but we went to school together. Your vacation looks like it was incredible, how fun!
Katie,
Chuck and I went to the caymans about five years ago your pictures reminded me of how much fun it was. When we went to hell we sent a post card to Marshal tell ing him we were there he thought it was funny. The beaches are amazing and you are right on the food.
Post a Comment