Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our very productive neighbor

One of the best things about our apartment building is our across the hall neighbors, the McCorns. Mr. McCorn is a retired vet and he and his wife are very nice. They planted their own flowers in front of our building to make it prettier and Mr. McCorn regularly sweeps the steps so that they are nice and clean. But sometimes, we see Mr. McCorn being very productive with his time and taking care of all of his chores. One day I got home from work to find him painting his entire car with a small paintbrush and a can of black paint.

Today when I got home I found the McCorns had moved their cars from the two handicapped parking spaces that they use and had buckets of water. I didn't think much of it until I looked out the window a few minutes later to find this...


Yep, he was washing the parking spaces with a broom. They must have been dirty and why not wash them up? It makes perfect sense really.

And yes, he often does his chores without a shirt on. Watch out Ryan, you have competition.

7 comments:

Katherine said...

This reminds me of the lady across the street from my parents who vacuums the lawn.

Well, I've gotta go cut the grass with my toenail clippers now.

Mary said...

seriously, tell him to come to 3078, we need that guy. and we are used to men with out their shirts prancing around (cough-peter-cough), so its a perfect fit.

Heather Jones said...

That is so funny!! I can totally see Ryan giving him a run for his money!! That guy down the street from my parents vacuums his lawn to all the time!! Please tell me we will have more important things to do with our time when we are older! Love ya!

Amy Eagleston said...

That is awesome!

Jenny said...

wow, i'd love to see the INSIDE of their apartment.

Mike and Chelsi said...

i agree with heather haha! except once we get too old any bored of our men we'll just food poison them and us girls will become the golden girls! love ya and yep that is awesome!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

oh my gosh. best post ever... That seriously reminds me of the argentines who would wash their porch, sidewalk, and street. I love it. Why would you ever want to move.

PS if you do move again, Lincoln requests that you move by us and that him and ryan are home teaching comps again...