Sunday, November 1, 2009

San Diego

At the beginning of October (yep, it takes me awhile to blog), my sister and I met up in San Diego for a long weekend girls trip. We had a fabulous time and it was great to spend time together, especially in a location such as San Diego! Both of our hubbies thought we were crazy because we spent a significant amount of time hanging out in our hotel room watching movies. Megs and I are a lot alike so it was a very easy going vacation because we were both content to read or watch a movie after a leisurely day of seeing a few sites, eating a lot of food and shopping.

I left DC really early on Friday morning and I was supposed to arrive at the same time as Megs, who was coming from Utah. I was not so fortunate and got stuck in Memphis for 6 long hours because the plane we were supposed to have ran out of fuel and had to divert to Nashville. Then a huge storm hit and no one could get out in the weather. However, there was a high speed police chase going on in Texas that kept our terminal captivated. Delta should be very grateful that there was an entertaining police chase going on because people cared more about the police chase than yelling at the gate attendant. Oh well, I was entertained.

I finally got to San Diego and Megs picked me up from the airport and we immediately went to In and Out for dinner. Everything was all better after that...In and Out does that to people. Outside of In and Out, we saw this interesting van:

Do you really need a divorce that fast? I wonder if they run their office out of the van?

Then we went shopping (round 1 of 3, or maybe 4, possibly 5, I can't remember). Megs is having her 2nd baby in December and so we went into a couple maternity stores. I discovered that they had a fake belly in the dressing room. I was curious what I would look like so I tried it on and Megs took a picture. Pretty sure the ladies in the store thought we were crazy but whatever.

On Saturday, we went to the San Diego temple. What a beautiful place!

Then we went shopping. Again. I got this very cute wallet that I am still excited about almost a month later.


Then we went and got pedicures.


On Sunday, we went to church and then we wandered around Balboa Park.

Sometimes, it takes way too much effort to look cute.

After that we went and ate AMAZING Mexican food. Wow is really all that I can say. I miss having good Mexican food because it just really isn't the same out here.

On Monday, we went and saw a movie, went to the beach, went to the mall, and ate more food.

This was priceless...cute maternity picture thwarted by cold ocean water...

On Tuesday, we had to go home and say goodbye to each other until Thanksgiving. It was so fun to spend time with my sis, she is fabulous. Next year we hope to convince our husbands to let us do another trip and to hopefully plan it when all three of our sisters-in-law can join us too! We missed you Jamie, Andrea and Jenny. Next year we want all of you to come!! Thanks Megs for coming, I heart you.

4 comments:

Andrea and Chuck said...

Wow that will be a very fun and exciting Christmas Love your Mom and Dad. Your Halloween costumes were cute and last but not least love the idea of a sister weekend

Colle said...

I agree with everything Andrea said. I so think her and I need to still this awesome sister weekend thing. I totally think you will make a way cute pregnant person also.

Sessions said...

oh So fun That ocean looks beautiful!

Megan said...

I'm sad that you put that picture of us at the temple on here. Really? I'm not attractive. And I wasn't trying to be uggs in that one, either. That's my real face.