Saturday, February 27, 2010

IF is the place to be

Last week, I got to go to Idaho Falls to take care of 4 of my nieces and nephews while their parents went on vacation. It was a very fun time and we did all sorts of fun things to keep the cute rascals entertained, like going out to eat, swimming twice, lots of games and a little bit more tv than they probably watch when their mom is home, oops! Ryan came for a few days and then Megan & Justin brought their two little ones up from Utah and we had a house full of 6 kids and it was seriously a mad house. I loved it!! We had a lot of fun and it made me want to be around my nieces and nephews a lot more!

The boys ready to go to the pool. It is indoor but cold
outside so you bundle up over your swimsuits!


Lauren obviously loved her cinnamon sticks at Craigos

I was there on Valentine's Day and we decided to make heart shaped pizzas for dinner. The kids helped a lot and it turned out really well considering the boys took the kneading of the dough a little bit too seriously. :)

Kimball having fun making the dough

The three oldest thought that putting pepperoni on their
eyes were hilarious, it was until Lauren realized that
pushing them against her eyes made them burn. Lucy had
just woken up from a nap and was too busy stuffing food in her face.


Here are Cole and Lucy showing off their Valentine's presents from their parents. I forgot to get a picture of Kimball and Lauren but they loved their gifts too.

Lucy with her Dora backpack
Cole with his Curious George

And some other random pictures from the week. These are mainly for Troy & Jamie so that they know what went on in their house while they were gone...

These two boys are amazing babysitters, I would hire them
Lucy's cute pigtails that lasted about 4 minutesLauren changes clothes a lot each day and comes up with awesome outfits.
This is what she chose to go to McDonald's. I thought it worked perfectly.


I had a shirt just like this when I was little so
I was pretty excited when I found it in Lucy's drawer

Lauren really likes holding "it" or Henry
Look at this cute little Henry! He gets cuter and cuterApparently this little Andrew loves mustard and asks his mom for some often
And he eats it straight up and loves it

Thanks Troy & Jamie for letting me come and play with your kids. They were way too much fun and wore me out but I loved it all. Thanks Megs & Justin for coming up, I was so happy to see you all.

6 comments:

Mike and Chelsi said...

looks like so so much fun!!! looks like you're all ready for some rascals of your own now that your man finally got a job haha!

Justin said...

So much fun! Let's do it again soon. I hope you are coming down to Texas for a few weeks to hang out at our house. Start looking at flights!

Heather Jones said...

Way to take care of all those kids! If you don't get some of your own kids coming soon we will have to be getting you to come babysit ours!!!We will need a good anniversary trip in the next year hehe!! It looks like you had a good time wish we could have seen you but thanks for shareing Ryan!!

Chelsea said...

Wow! I can't believe you were able to handle that many kids! I don't think that I could have done that...wow.

Katherine said...

Oh man, those kids are so grown up!
I can't believe it!

Nola said...

Thanks for helping us to "almost" be there with you. I love your blog posts!