Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Updating is just so difficult

Updating the blog takes so much effort, anyone else agree?

Anyway, here is what we have been up to...besides these three events, I've got nothing. We go to work, we hang out, and that is about it. So enjoy these events and then maybe I will have more to blog about during the holidays.

Event 1: The annual running of the Wolf Trap 5k. It was pretty cold the morning of the run but we had a lot of fun running and I totally improved my time from last year, which I was thrilled about. Ryan of course killed my time but he is an athlete, I am not.

Event 2: Rally to Restore Sanity/Keep Fear Alive. Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart decided to do a rally pretty much just to mock all of the other crazy rallies going on before the election. When they talked about it on their shows, I decided it would be really fun to go. It was the same day as the 5k so we made it a fun packed day. There were a ton of people downtown and the crowds were insane. They obviously needed a lot of security as evidenced by the horse police pictured below.

Event 3: Chicago/South Bend. We went to the Utah/Notre Dame game a few weekends ago and decided to spend some time in Chicago before the game. Chicago was a blast and I was reminded of why it is one of my favorite cities. The food is amazing and the city is so beautiful, I love it! Then we went to the game down in South Bend. Loved the campus but the game was HORRIBLE. The Utes really, really let us down and left us depressed for days. I am not sure if Ryan is ready to talk about it still. But we still had a very fun trip! It is always fun when we travel with the best road trips friends, Michael and Katie. They come to all of the Utah games with us and it is always a good time.

Top of the Sears TowerThey took this picture before we went up the Sears Tower and we think it is prom quality.
We didn't want to pay the $22 so Ryan just quickly took a picture of the picture...awesome.
Notre Dame's Touchdown Jesus...really?!? Who knew such a thing existed? So odd.
With SwoopWe were so sad and very cold and wet.

3 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Still so sad we did not get to go to the game with you even though it sucked. See you soon yea!

Megan said...

Your prom picture is hot...And I L-O-V-E that green scarf. And the game...oh, the game. If I have to hear one more idiot comment about the Utes losing to the Lord's teams...So help me. Shut up, BYU. Can't wait for them to eat dirt this weekend.

Sessions said...

So agree that udating take a lot of work I do it more for the grandparents. But it looks like you have been having some good times, and we are excited to see you at Christmas