It looked like this at first.
Then they came and "fixed" it and repainted and all that jazz. Another day passes and bam, there is water in the ceiling AND in our light fixture. Double awesome. Then the ceiling looked like this after more exploration.
Water was coming out in many locations and our kitchen had buckets and garbage cans galore to catch the drips (or really streams in some locations). After about 5 or 6 hours, the garbage was full. Oh maintenance...why do you say that it is no big deal and was just the lady upstairs overflowing her washer? Really guys? Really?
After a few days, they finally found the leak (what!? a leak!? SHOCKING). They plugged that baby up and then let it dry for several days. They finally fixed everything and we have a brand new ceiling. Now let us all pray that there is no mold this summer when the humidity comes in full force.
Ryan's favorite part of all of this was when he came into the bedroom and said he would pay me $100 to drink some of the water dripping from the ceiling. $100?! Um, okay, sure. Yes, I am crazy (Katherine...remember when I ate that flower for Wendy's chicken nuggets? I sure do, it made me sick but those nuggets were awesome). When Ryan realized I would do it, he hesitated and went down to $30. I quickly calculated that was enough for 3 books from Barnes and Noble and agreed. Yes, I am easily persuaded and crazy. In my defense, the water couldn't have been that dirty, it had been running for about 48 hours at this point AND I am not dead yet.
Here is the video which Ryan said must be posted. I just find myself annoying so I apologize.
And yes, I am still fighting for that additional $70...I think drinking that deserved it. Votes for my side?
On another note, Ryan's brother Jake came into town and we got to go to dinner (at an INCREDIBLE Italian restaurant) with him and his buddy Cavin, who is awesome. We had a blast and loved seeing Jake. We love Jakey!!
P.S. I make no excuses and no apology for not blogging since last November. I couldn't be bothered. :)
14 comments:
You made the video private! I need to see it!
Can't see the video either! i vote for sure u get the other 70$ hello i would never had done that! You do have bad luck and I did not know jakey visited so fun! Miss u guys tons! love ya
I saw the video and I'm convinced that you might die after drinking that..It was hilllarious though!
Hahahaha...I died laughing! You look great, even though you were wagging your tongue at a questionable source of water :D First of all, welcome back to the blogosphere, I wish you would blog more :) Second, that is such a Ryan thing to do - renege when money is involved, and third, you deserve the rest of that moolah!! Thanks for sharing!!!
loved the video! you guys really do have the worst apartment luck. and tell Ran you sooooooooo deserve the rest of that money. I got 100$ from Chase for spotting a moose in the montains and that is nothing compared to drinking water dripping from the ceiling!! So you totally should get the rest>
Oh my goodness! With all the plumbing problems in our building I can't believe one of our ceilings hasn't collapsed completley yet. I'm still waiting for one of you to end up in our bathroom instead of yours one day. lol. By the way, i vote you get the other $70.
Ryan, stick to your guns. That was clearly not enough water to earn any more than $30. I've seen babies who would drink toilet water for less than that!! (Kates, you know I'm totally on your side. I'm just trying to make Ryan like me.)
I'm going to have to agree with Ryan, no more money. If you will eat a flower that may or may not be poisonous for a mere $1 worth of nuggets, he probably didn't really owe you more than twice that. I'm just saying.
Ha that's awesome. At least you guys were home and the ceiling didn't explode. We had that happen in two of our apartments when we weren't home and our rooms flooded. :)
You TOTALLY deserve the extra $70! I can't believe you drank that!
ah! i can't believe you drank it! you definitely deserve the $100! Hope you gave him a giant wet kiss after that! haha jk
really katie! Don't you guys have a joint account? Couldn't you have just stolen the money?
That is awesome. You deserve 70 more bucks, though.
WOW!! Kaylyn you never told me of this fun adventure. I will never share food with you again :) Glad you're still breathing
Post a Comment