Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Martins Come to Washington

A few weeks ago, my favorite (and only) sister came with her family to Washington, D.C. for a visit. Well, Justin had a conference all week so he was always in class or something but Megan and the boys came to play. The House was in recess (shocking, I know) so I was able to take the week off work to hang out and it was fanflippintastic. We didn't do anything too spectacular but I tell you what, any time I am with my sister, I am happy and having fun.

See...

Here are a few more photos of the week for your viewing pleasure.

This moment just melted my heart. Andrew wanted to stand by Jesus
while we are at the DC Temple Visitors Center. An example to us all!

National Harbor

DC Temple Grounds. Oh I love Sister

Ryan at Ford's Theater. He found this caption next to a Civil War general...
I think he wants to make a contribution to facial hair too.


Andrew was very nice to hold Henry so they could both be in the stroller

This little Henry LOVES animals...can't you tell?
Never seen this kid happier than at the petting zoo place.

These two (MJ and Whitney) are some of my absolute favorite people.
Andrew adored them as well. MJ played her ukelele and Whitney head banged.
Andrew laughed harder than Megan and Justin had ever seen and we all loved it.

Martin family (sans Justin...sorry Justy, we love you too)

Thanks for coming to DC Martins! We loved having you here...wanna come back?

6 comments:

Whitney said...

So much fun to meet the Martins! Come back soon!!!

Mike and Chelsi said...

K first way fun and I'm jealous they got to come visit you guys!! I'm trying too convince mike to go to nyc over dec. And we.d stop by! But only if rann shaves that NASTY NASTY facial hair!!!!!!!! Ewww how you deal with our bro kaylyn I wonder !!

Megan said...

Do you really need to remind everyone that I'm your only sister? Even if there were more, I'm pretty sure I'd still be the favorite. Ask Kimball.

La said...

I liked this post but I think Megan's comment made it complete. :)

Heather Jones said...

So fun for you! It is true sisters rock!! Glad you got to see yours and play. So ryan how long did it take you to grow that a few months hehe!! Kaylyn maybe you should not kiss him till he shaves that! I bet he is so very proud of it huh Ryan!!! love and miss you guys!!See you soon in sunny mexico!

Lamb said...

I miss you and Megan! Her kids are big and it makes me feel old.. I don't like it. I am jealous of Ryan's facial hair, mine grows in patches..
PS I like the new look of the blog! It made me instantly happy!