Saturday, February 23, 2008

Reception Pictures

Our wedding pictures finally arrived in Virginia...I was really excited (just ask Ryan about my almost frightening exclamation of joy when they arrived). Here are some of my favorites from the reception, which we had at The Grand Ballroom on Main Street in Bountiful:





Me with my cute Mom (aka the best wedding planner ever!)
I promise my Dad really does love me :)

The Bessey Family

The Peterson Family

I really wanted a picture with all of my neices and nephews. I knew it would be difficult to get them all to smile but that is why it is so funny... My only goal was to not have any of them crying in the pictures...I accomplished that by holding marshmallows in my hand for bribery...

I can't remember who had the idea for this picture but ended up being hilarious to watch Ryan's sisters hold him up.

For our refreshments, we decided to have a hot chocolate bar (our caterer's idea). They had the hot chocolate in a big metal bowl to keep it warm and then they had regular whipped cream, chocolate whipped cream, crushed peppermint, chocolate shavings, sprinkles, cinnamon sticks, candy canes and, of course, marshmallows. It worked out well as far as I know...I never got the chance to try it during the reception of course and when I did have the chance after the reception, I was too scared to drink it in my dress since I still had to wear it the next day at the temple. Looking at all of these pictures, I wish I would have just thrown caution to the wind and guzzled a couple of cups... But, I did have one of the tasty cookies that we had...they were delicious!


I will put more pictures up tomorrow, it takes too long to upload them all so I need a break... Is that lazy? Possibly, but instead I will let anyone that reads my blog anticipate the rest of them.

5 comments:

La said...

Good work team! What a beautiful reception. I am sorry that I missed it. You guys did get some great pics.

Heather Jones said...

I love the pictures they are sooo dang cute I need copies of them on a cd Ryan K especially our fam one's!! you guys look so cute!I want to see the temple ones!!!

Kyle and Melissa said...

The pictures turned out Great! I think I loved them all...what a great photographer! Thanks for sharing

Colle said...

That looked like an awesome reception. I am sorry that I missed it. You guys are very cute.

Megan said...

And may I say, the chocolate whipped cream was fantastic. Who thought of that? They deserve the Nobel Prize, says I.