Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day

I was really excited about this St. Patrick's Day meal that I made last night. I made a completely regular meal for us, which is fettucini alfredo (which I am pretty sure we eat around once a week). I turned the alfredo sauce green, mixed the butter with green food coloring for the garlic bread and then we had green gatorade for the drink. I decided I like turning normal food colors because it makes me feel like we aren't eating the same thing again :)






















My food was a little bit more green than Ryan's because I like spinach in my pasta and he is not a fan. But we liked being festive!

10 comments:

La said...

Very Green. Very festive. I think you are going to be a very cool mom. My kids would love green food. Why didn't I think of that?

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest thing ever! You are so creative. It looks rather tasty also...I think it would be hard for me to eat green food, but once a year I am sure I could handle it.

Daniel said...

I am shocked...

Andrea and Chuck said...

Thats awesome! My kids ate green food for breakfast and Dinner Holidays Rock!

Colle said...

You are going to be a cool mom! I completly forgot it was St. Patricks Day! Easton was out of town. I guess I could of added a few drops of Green food coloring to Gretchens bottle. Good Job!!

Megan said...

You guys are so cute...On our flight, the attendant kept saying, "Happy St. Patrick's Day" and Justin was like, "Who celebrates St. Patrick's Day?" Um, me. I love St. Paddy.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Nice!!! I absolutely love it!!! Lincoln died my milk green with my breakfast cereal, and i just had such a hard time eating it because of the color. I am impressed that you two like it! ha ha. We need to play soon.

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

That looks toally disgusting!


P.S. I HATE WORD VERIFICATION@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!

Lamb said...

looks..uhh..delicious! You are too funny!!

Heather Jones said...

Aren't you two so cute!!I did not even attempt a green meal this year too busy sad I know!!