When Ryan was looking up things to do in Charlottesville, he figured out that you could ice skate at the city rink for free on your birthday! This was very exciting! We raced on the ice and Ryan won...my pride was hurt :)
We stayed at a little resort in a small town outside of Charlottesville that was really beautiful and picturesque. It really is too bad that I am not a good photographer to capture it.
The rest of the weekend, we spent exploring Charlottesville (especially the University of Virginia, which has a beautiful campus!), watching the Utes win, and our favorite, apple picking at a large orchard. Apple picking is a perfect fall activity and we came home with a lot of apples! I sure hope the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away", is true because we are eating several.
On our way home, we took the fabulous Skyline Drive that goes through Shenandoah National Park to enjoy the leaves. Even though they weren't at their peak, they are still stunning. We love fall on the East Coast!!
Happy Birthday to Ryan!
Here are some pictures to capture the weekend's events...
6 comments:
Virginia is really a beautiful place and I am happy to say that a lot of my relatives were born and raised there...my grandma raised 15 kids there and she is still alive...I have several aunts and uncles that still reside there...I always enjoyed visiting them and would love to take my kids some day. Glad you had a great time and are able to see these wonderful sites....Happy Birthday Ryan!
That is SO beautiful! How fun! Happy late bday ryan!
Virgina is for lovers!
wow those are some really pretty pictures. Looks like you all had a really great weekend, I am very jealous.
hey guys it looks like you had a awesome weekend and im happy you had fun with the apples haha! but i love ya guys and cant wait till christmas! we missed you tons at the halloween party! love you!
Hey, Bessey!
I was trashing my old e-mails when I (fortunetly) noticed this one from way back in January! Sorry I didn't spot it sooner. Looks like you and your family are doing great and seeing some incredibly beautiful sites and having a lot of fun.
Your sister and Chase told me that they saw you. You have an amazing family.
I hope you had a wonderful Easter. Feel free to visit us at http://jzcallisterclan.blogspot.com
It's good to see you again.
Post a Comment