I actually went and listened to the entire hearing, which I usually just watch on tv at my desk, and it was really interesting and I felt inspired. They all gave really great testimonies about the arts and the way that it impacts their own lives and all of society.
After the hearing, we went to meet the stars. Three of my other co-workers that weren't in the hearing came to join us in the hearing room. While my boss was taking pictures with the group of artists, I was standing with my three lady co-workers waiting (my other co-worker Nate was anxiously awaiting his turn to meet Linda Ronstadt) and Josh Groban's mom was standing next to us. She asked who we worked for and we talked to her for a minute and then she looked at the four of us and said "you know, Josh is 28 and single..." I laughed and thought to myself that a mom is always a mom and wants her kids to find someone! It was just a lot funnier coming from Josh Groban's mom!! You know, just trying to get her incredibly famous son married off. :)
After the congressman took their pictures for the press, the musicians were talking to other people and my boss, Mike, yelled "hey Josh, I have some people for you to meet!" Josh came over and Mike said something like, "Josh, these ladies work for me and they have been dying to meet you." It really is great having an outspoken boss that loves his staff and knows we had been talking about this hearing for days!
Josh really is a very nice guy and was happy to talk to us and take a picture. My co-worker, Megan, told him what his mom had said and he just laughed.
On our way back to our office, we stopped for a quick picture with Linda Ronstadt. Some of you may be thinking that you don't know who she is...but you probably really do know who she is. She sang "Don't Know Much" (you know, the one that sings "I don't know much, but I know I love you...")
My favorite parts of this picture with Linda is Nate in the background and Missy trying to get in the picture before it was taken, Whitney was also off to the side and unable to squeeze in... Nate got his own picture with Linda and it is pretty awesome. Doesn't he look so giddy to be meeting her?
All in all, it was a pretty good day to work on the Hill.
7 comments:
I am stil dying that you got to meet him. Plus his hand is on your shoulder how does Ryan feel about that. I am going to rub it in for a long time that he did not go!!! I am for sure wishing I were you at that moment!!
don't deny it... you hid your wedding ring, huh? :)
VERY cool!
haha oh my when his mom said that were you like dang it if only i'd waited a little longer i could be dating josh groban haha! im so jealous you got to meet him that is so awesome ya your job rocks! the only people i meet is stinky grumpy old farts haha!
Very very cool. Man you get to do a lot of cool things. Are living the life. Enjoy it well it is here. Sounds like lots of FUN!
I totally agree. I love working on the hill for these awesome opportunities. How neat that you met Joshy pants.
LUCKY! that is very cool:) I'm jealous of where you live...not fair! haha
Post a Comment