I am currently obsessed with flowers and I love taking pictures of them. Here are my favorites...
The glass blowing demonstration in Jamestown was very, very cool. The whole process is less than 10 minutes and here are some pictures. We were mesmerized and ending up watching for a good 45 minutes!
The President's Park was right by our hotel and it ended up being very cool. They have huge busts of each president and then a bunch of facts about each of them.
We learned a lot of cool facts about the presidents, here are a few of my favorites:
- James Madison was only 5 ft. 4 in. and weighed in at 100 lbs...he was kind of a little fella.
- James Garfield could write Latin with one hand and Greek with the other, both at the same time.
- Woodrow Wilson believed that the number 13 was his lucky number. He dropped his first name, Thomas, so that Woodrow and Wilson would equal 13 letters.
- Calvin Coolidge was very quiet and shy. When a lady at a dinner party informed him that she had a wager that she could make him say more than two words, he replied, "You lose."
- LBJ has a quote that I made sure Ryan noted, "I've learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her way. And second, let her have it." ;)
My favorite thing I learned is this...take note of the second fact down on the list for Ulysses S. Grant.
Note to self, do not speed on a horse in DC.
It was a fun trip and we learned some fabulous facts to share!
3 comments:
I think I would have liked that presidents park. I love the little intersting facts about people. So I do have to tell you I did my 5th grade president report on Woodrow Wilson and that is the only thing I remeber about him is that he liked the number 13. Looks like you had a good time!!!!
Oh that sounds nice, isn't it great that the weather is finally starting to warm up. I love it!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching people blow glass. There was a really cool shop in Baxter's Village by Nauvoo where a guy named Jim used to blow glass. Super cool. And I love President's Park. I bet Andrew would love it too. He would show you where the nose was on each president.
Post a Comment