Monday, October 5, 2009

Girls Night

Last Saturday night, a bunch of my girl friends got together while our husbands attended Priesthood Session. Here is what we did...

Made homemade donuts! Britni made delicious dough and glaze and we had fun making the donuts...and eating them. A LOT of them. Thanks to Katie, we have amazing pictures of our adventure.




I think this is number 4. Or maybe 5?

We also played Rock Band while we were making the donuts. I want a Wii and I want this game. I LOVE it. I may not be great at it, but I still have a lot of fun playing. If I only had one, I am sure I could be a real rock star because I could practice all the time. If anyone wants to buy me a gift, this is what I want. :)

Darcee, me, and Lacey rocking out
Michelle and Katie being cool. Britni is just to the right out of the picture...sorry Brit...

Then the guys got home and we played our favorite game that we play almost every time we all get together. The game is called Crud and it involves a pool table and two pool balls. It is highly entertaining and I generally laugh so hard that my stomach hurts.

It was a very fun night and I am really grateful to have met such awesome people since we moved to our new apartment! Thanks Brit for having us over and letting us make a serious mess in your kitchen!!

9 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so glad to know that you ate many donuts on priesthood night. I think that's fitting.

Britni said...

I think it's kind of funny how you spelled my name two different ways in one post :) So glad you were able to come. So much fun!

Shelby said...

Looks like fun! I have never even thought about making homemade donuts. Annandale Ward has become boring...

Kaylyn said...

Crap, sorry Brit, I really do know how to spell your name!!

Andrea and Chuck said...

Kaylyn can I get the recipe I have been looking for my moms and it is gone for good I am afraid. I loved making donuts as a kid! Glad you have great friends to hang out with.

La said...

You are so cool. Really. I can't believe you are grown up and live in a big city and have a real job and your married and to top it all off you are cool. Good work Katie. Oh and please post the recipe. please....

Katherine said...

Mmmm, donuts sound really yummy right now. Is "Crud" the same game we played at Ryan's parent's house, when the glass door kept getting hit with a ball?

Heather Jones said...

soo fun,It is great to play with girls! Enjoy it before you all have kids you don't get to do it much anymore.The donuts look so yummy we may have to try it!! Love the leaves in your running pictures!

Holly said...

Oh my. I want some!!

I'm going to try making them for Halloween...thanks for the great idea:)