Happy International Talk Like A Pirate Day 2008! Shiver Me Timbers!
If you didn't know that this day even existed, it is time to be introduced to a great day of the year. I became aware of this day back when I was in high school and ever since then, it makes me really happy when I realize that it is September 19th. If you don't believe me, check out the entry on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_like_a_pirate_day.There really is no point to the day other than to have fun. How often do you get an excuse to talk like a pirate? You can tell people to "Walk the Plank" and (if you are daring and know they won't be offended) you can follow that up with "Ye Wench".
Also, something fun to do...find out your pirate name and ship name by going to http://www.piratename.net/generate.php. My pirate name is Bloody Jade Nesbit and my ship's name is Miss Oncia The Clean Sea.
I am contemplating of what could be fun to make for dinner on such an occassion as Talk Like a Pirate Day. Does anyone have any ideas???

5 comments:
Ooh, fun! My pirate name is Pink Kaulana Frazer and my ship is Miss Enigna The Fisher. Arrrrrgh!
Dinner ideas: fish of any kind, biscuits and stew, sea salt on anything, anything served in/on a treasure chest...the possibilities are endless!
fish sticks! Then make Ryan walk the plank!! ARRRR!!
I don't like fish... In any form really. I vote for Marshmellow Matty's...
I decided to go private because weird people from Serbia and Austria have been looking at our blog and clicking on pictures of my kids. It freaked us out so we are going private for awhile. If you want to send me your e-mail I will add you. If you have anyone else's e-mail that may want to look at our blog let me know Thanks!!! our email is thkjones@yahoo.com
ah haha how i miss my big brother!! and his awesome wife! mike and i are blogging now and it'
s fun so be sure to comment and junk and ry i know you remember when we made you walk the plank
Post a Comment